I'm tired.
You see, I used to think I was "busy." I mean, after all, a full first-year class load at law school? 40-50 pages of reading a night? Toss a girlfriend and that time committment in there to boot. Then over the summer I worked two jobs. No rest for the weary, right? I had no idea.
Enter 2L year. People kept telling me "oh, don't worry, it just gets easier after your first year!" Wrong. Erroneous. False. I spent the whole semester writing a brief for Bristol County when I wasn't spending the rest of my time in the library trying to keep up with my Con Law II professor, who I'm pretty sure was an ethereal conglomeration of cosmic intelligence and light manifesting itself as an Eastern European male in his late twenties. Oh, also, I was helping my fiancee plan our wedding/honeymoon.
Now I've reached a tipping point. I have to write a brief that convinces a panel of judges that a foreign government official with a loaded gun in his house has qualified immunity from prosecution, and I have to do it in three days. This same week I need to prepare a direct examination for a witness for trial practice. And let's not forget that the entire cast of the school musical is counting on my band to polsih roughly 10 of songs by Thursday. Then we perform next week.
To compensate for my lack of time to study at home, I've been coming in to school extra early to read up on the Trusts & Estates assignment that morning so I have some semblance of an idea where we're headed when Ilana Hurwitz takes off at 80 mph as I type furiously to keep up until my computer starts smoking. So now I'm losing sleep too.
Something needs to be done. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to bend time and space to add a 25th hour to the day. Didn't Stephen Hawking do something about that? I think I'll ask him...add that to the list of things to do.
3 comments:
Glad you are back! When things settle, I would love to hear some details about the wedding/parties/honeymoon. Talk to you soon friend!
we just got the package from marisa's mom with the wedding pics on cd, so hopefully we'll be posting some soon. we need to talk! how's the new year going?
um, 3L year doesn't get any better. so your only solace is that there is an end :)
oh yah, I changed my blog name. it is now aolepilikia.blogspot.com
Post a Comment