I'm noticing more people talking about their "rights" these days, asking whether we hold our rights dear in the face of Obama's health care plan, or how people are denied their "rights" if they don't get to do this or that. I just want to get out in the open that I'm tired of people thinking they have a "right" to have or do whatever they want. I'm tired of people using rights talk to back up outlandish agendas. That goes for both sides. And I'm really tired of single-minded zealots who yak about their rights all day long and probably couldn't name the rights granted in the Bill of Rights if I asked them. Shut up, all of you, please.
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have the right to freedom of speech. I'm never going to shut up, you can't make me.
Post a Comment